Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ok .. Now We Are Getting Serious !

The motivation was there a couple of weeks back .. but only to a degree ... I didn't really do much toward the old .. lose weight feel great goal .. and was starting to feel rather guilty. A purchase of the Wii Fit Plus on a rather warm day (reminding me that summer isn't too far away - along with less clothes and more skin EEK!) put me in the frame of mind to start walking the walk (mind the pun!)
I weighed in ... got a little depressed .. the 5ks I thought I must have gained since my weight loss last year was actually 9 kilos. BUT it was the slap in the face I needed .. so I worked out on my Wii on Monday - and started a running program on Tuesday - it is the couch to 5k program - where you work out three times a week (the program this week is alternating between a 1 minute run and a 1.5 min walk). I am thinking at the moment - due to the fact that my fitness is non existant that I might have to repeat week one again (maybe twice more ?!)
So I felt fantastic after day one - TOTALLY doable !! LOVED it !! And yesterday I clocked up 74 mins on my Wii Fit Piggy (Or burned a total of one block of chocolate in calories!!) and today I hit the treadmill again for day two of the the C25K :) ... Little bit of ouch ... little bit of ... is it over yet ... but again .. I DID it !! So proud of me for DOING it !! If I only have to KILL myself 3 days a week and spend the other 4 days on the Wii - I think I can stick to it.
The food I am still working on ... I am a bit of an over indulger but haven't had anything dairy for a few weeks so I am feeling much better! I figure - the more I work out - then naturally I will just start eating less ... already my water intake has gone up - simply because I need it when I work out !!
I promise to keep at the blogging .. I feel it will make me keep on track easier - they say diary writing is what you should do if you want to see change - and I love talking .. so why not ?? !!
Til next time ...

1 comment:

  1. Go Ness!!! You are inspiring me! I am off to check out the C25K!

    ReplyDelete